About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide low barrier, street level supports for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement. As a non-profit, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides integrated health and social services to individuals who are homeless or precariously housed. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
The Volunteer Coordinator is an integral role within the management structure of The Gathering Place. The role involves assessing and meeting guest-support needs through the recruitment, placement, and retention of volunteers. Responsibilities include:
- Manage a network of volunteers including recruitment, selection, orientation, scheduling, training, motivating, attendance monitoring and maintenance of records and data
- Research and write volunteer policies, including risk management
- Work with all organizational departments to assess and monitor volunteering needs.
- Generate and assess appropriate volunteer partnerships and community engagement
- Ensure staff are aware of the roles and function of the volunteers
- Ensure that appropriate support and training is available in a timely manner, this is linked to recruitment and retention
- Monitor, support and motivate the volunteer effort
- Maintain a comprehensive database and perform other administrative duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a medium to large staff of volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to adjust to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong leadership skills
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Professional, highly organized, and self motivated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required
- Experience in public speaking, presenting, and group training sessions
- Clear Record of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check
Equivalencies will be considered.
- Competition Number: 2021 VC 005 (please quote in application)
- Competitive salary
- Permanent, Full-time Position
- Optional health and dental coverage
- RRSP Pension Plan
Please submit your application to Recruitment@gatheringstjohns.ca by Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
We believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social-minded.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.