The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide critical, barrier-free, street-level supports and healthcare for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement.
As a non-profit, street-level, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides primary health care along with our community partners, to thousands of people who are homeless or precariously housed, through health and social supports in an inclusive, low barrier setting. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
An integral member of the Management Team, the Manager of Fund Development & Partnerships must possess excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. The manager will be responsible for building strong relationships with TGP partners and donors.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities
- Manage the overall fundraising strategy, including preparation of proposals and grant applications to individual donors, private and public sector agencies
- Develop, plan, coordinate and implement a strategic fundraising plan
- Monitor and meet deadlines for Grants and Funding
- Research funding opportunities
- Compiles reports for funders and community partners as required
- Build strong regional partnerships, working with many stakeholders to meet all required deliverables
- Develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, TGP Partners, as well as the media
- Support and partner with the Executive Director on all major initiatives
- Monitor all donor activity
- Responsible for the safe, effective and efficient delivery of services to TGP Guests. Application of organizational policies and processes pertaining to guest and workplace safety is expected.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary degree in Business, or relevant field
- Background in funding and donor development
- Strong knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & communication skills, including Public Speaking
- Ability to work independently but also a team player
Send your resume and cover letter to Valerie O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 25th, 2021.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
We believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social-minded.