The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide critical, barrier-free, street level supports and healthcare for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement.
As a non-profit, street level, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides primary health care along with our community partners, to thousands of people who are homeless or precariously housed, through health and social supports in an inclusive, low barrier setting. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director of Human Resources and Operations contributes to the successful achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives by providing leadership, oversight, evaluation, and direction for the general administrative and human resources services. Also strategizes, plans, implements and manages the operational process for Volunteers, the food delivery process and maintenance for maximum efficiency and productivity.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversee all functions related to human resources, including but not limited to, employee records, compensation, benefits, recruitment, retention, employee health and safety, education and training temporary staff, volunteers and externship programs.
- Supervise / oversight of Human Resources, Volunteerism, Kitchen, Maintenance and Cleaning
- Work with the Executive Director on the oversight of employee benefits programs and processes, including offers of employment, employment agreements, affirmative action, and any related electronic systems and software.
- Serve as a Senior member of the Leadership team.
- Evaluate and effectively address highly complex issues and problems.
- Ensure compliance with Labor regulations.
- Articulate organizational vision and implement organizational strategic initiatives.
- Update and maintain the HR manual, and implement strategies to ensure compliance.
- Guide management and staff with updated policies and procedures; and effectively communicate and monitor compliance.
- Initiate the process for the development of staff goals, objectives and performance reviews.
- Support management by providing HR advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Develop, implement, record and monitor operational policies and standard operating procedures.
- Analyze current processes and procedures and recommend solutions for improvements.
- As part of the role of operations, set strategic goals for operational efficiency.
- Assess the need for training and professional development, as well as maintain an inhouse training program and record keeping.
- Lead appropriate meetings, committees, work groups etc. as needed.
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention and recognition of the Volunteer sector.
- Ensure boundaries are maintained by the Volunteer sector.
- Oversee the Volunteer Coordinator with the training, scheduling and supervision of the Volunteers.
- Ability to work with marginalized and vulnerable persons.
- Participate in the Director on Call shifts, for after hour emergency response.
- Responsible for the safe, effective and efficient delivery of services to TGP Guests. Application of organizational policies and processes pertaining to guest and workplace safety is expected.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent supervisory, planning, organization, problem solving, decision making, liaison and leadership skills
- Program and evaluation skills
- Ability to work independently while capable of collaboration within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong desire to help the most vulnerable in our society, as shown through previous experience
- Clear Records of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check
We believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social-minded.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by Sunday, June 20th, 2021.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.