Temporary 1-year (Full-time)
About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide low barrier, street level supports for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement. As a non-profit, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides integrated health and social services to individuals who are homeless or precariously housed. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
- Temporary 1-year with the possibility of extension
- Optional health and dental coverage
- RRSP Pension Plan
Duties / Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Building Supervisor, the Cleaner is responsible for the following:
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- General cleaning duties
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize space in accordance with a documented cleaning plan in accordance with a cleaning schedule
- Documentation noting when cleaning/ disinfecting is completed for all items/areas on the cleaning plan.
- Ability to maintain clear and consistent boundaries with Guests
- Attend training as required (Mental Health First Aid, etc.)
- Other related duties as specified by the Custodian or Director
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions on cleaning products and checklists
- Flexibility in working hours. Must be willing to work weekdays, weekends and evenings when required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Trustworthy, reliable, dependable, with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Clear Record of Conduct
Assets (will train as required):
- WHMIS Training
- First Aid
- Knowledge related to:
- Hazardous products
- Infection control
- Cleaning Practices
- Housekeeping operations
- Cleaning equipment usage
Please submit your resume to Recruitment@gatheringstjohns.ca by Thursday, September 23, 2021.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
At The Gathering Place, we believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are both qualified and social-minded.