2 Positions (Temporary, Full-time)
Until June 30, 2022 (with possibility of extension)
About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide low barrier, street level supports for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement. As a non-profit, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides integrated health and social services to individuals who are homeless or precariously housed. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Manager of Manager of Clinical & Community Supports the Case Manager is responsible for:
- Engage with individuals experiencing complex vulnerabilities, as well as barriers to service/care
- Actively work to remove or lower barriers for guests seeking services, using a harm reduction approach.
- Link guests with appropriate support both at TGP and in the broader community.
- Provide housing-focused support with emphasis on the social determinants of health.
- Navigate systems alongside guests, taking on an advocacy role as required
- Document guest interactions on a shared electronic system in a way that strengthens collaboration across the organization.
- Provide support through an empowering, person-centred lens that works to build the capacity of guests to engage in their own goal setting, planning, and action. The case manager works alongside guests to foster autonomy, self-concept, and identity.
- Build and maintain relationships with Guests, while maintaining clear and consistent boundaries.
- Work as a collaborative member of TGP’s clinical and guest services team, contributing to a continuum of care service provision for guests. Must participate effectively as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team of co-located service providers.
- Engage in de-escalation, crisis and safety planning with guests who may exhibit behaviours that present as barriers to service.
- Work to establish an integrated service network for guests presenting with high acuity issues and needs
- Must be available for flexible hours including weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holiday coverage when required.
- The case manager is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient delivery of services to The Gathering Place Guests. Application of organizational policies and processes pertaining to guest and workplace safety is expected
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in health, mental health, social work, or related fields
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of available and relevant community resources for marginalized persons
- Sound relationship building abilities and skills in individual support, conflict resolution, and empathetic listening
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to links between diversity and marginalization
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to creatively build relationships with those who may be socially isolated
- Proficient and professional documentation
- Demonstrate skills in systems navigation
- Creative, adaptable problem-solving skills
- Clear Record of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check
Equivalencies will be considered.
- Competition Number: 2021 CM 008 (please quote in application)
- Competitive Salary
- Temporary, Full-time Position (Until June 30, 2022, with possibility of extension)
- Optional health and dental coverage
- RRSP Pension Plan
Please submit your application to Recruitment@gatheringstjohns.ca by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
We believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social-minded.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.