The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide critical, barrier-free, street level supports and healthcare for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement.
As a non-profit, street level, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides primary health care along with our community partners, to thousands of people who are homeless or precariously housed, through health and social supports in an inclusive, low barrier setting. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an experienced Bike Mechanic to lead and oversee our Bikes for Good program. Employment will be 20 hours a week, from May to October, 2021.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversee a drop-in, free-of-charge repair clinic for the Guests
- Coordinate repair and distribution of donated bikes to Guests of The Gathering Place
- Work alongside designated Guest Empowerment participants to teach bike mechanic skills and promote independence
- Participate in the development and coordination of a social enterprise bike rental service for the public
- Confidence with all aspects of bike servicing and repairs
- Use of bike-related hand tools in accordance with strict workplace safety standards
- Maintaining safe and clean workplace at all times
- Keeping proper records on all repairs and maintenance in accordance with TGP standards
- Maintaining adequate inventory and supplies
- Overseeing, completing and tracking rental fleet maintenance
- Ability to perform physical requirements, including ability to lift 50 lbs
- Responsible for the safe, effective and efficient delivery of services to TGP Guests. Application of organizational policies and processes pertaining to Guest and workplace safety is expected.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior experience as a bike mechanic preferred
- Troubleshooting skills and experience with bike-related and general hand tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Time management skills
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
- Prior experience working in the vulnerable sector an asset
At The Gathering Place, we believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social minded.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Closing date: June 7th, 2021.