About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place’s mission is to provide low barrier, street level supports for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement. As a non-profit, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides integrated health and social services to individuals who are homeless or precariously housed. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Executive Director the Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Administrative support for the leadership team
- Receiving in-person donations, including completing tax receipts
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies as needed
- Maintaining car log, insurance, and registration
- Completing meeting minutes as required
- Drafting and editing general correspondence, emails, and presentations
- Organizing files and keeping records
- Providing payroll support and back-up
- Other administrative functions such as answering phones, responding to general inquiries, data entry, and other general office duties
Qualifications and Skills:
- A diploma in office or business administration (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in office administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to adjust to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Professional, highly organized, and self motivated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required
- Clear Record of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check
Equivalencies will be considered.
- Competition Number: 2021 AAI 007 (please quote in application)
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent, Full-time Position
- Optional health and dental coverage
- RRSP Pension Plan
Please submit your application to Recruitment@gatheringstjohns.ca by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
We believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that “kindness wanted” is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social-minded.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.